Living and working in Singapore as a British expat often doesn’t mean you can forget about UK tax – when you depart the UK you should advise HM Revenue of your departure, and if you have a recurring source of income from the UK – such as income from a rental property – you will need to lodge a UK tax return each year.

The UK tax return to be lodged should include a Residence supplement, which is not available from HM Revenue’s online Self Assessment website.

For many expats this means new forms, tax returns to be completed each year with filing deadlines to be met, and probably the need to consider the interaction of tax systems in more than one country.

GM Expat Tax offers the following services to individuals who are moving to/living in Singapore:

  • Tax planning advice, including advice on your tax residency
  • Preparation of UK Tax returns (including advice on tax deductions to reduce your tax liability), with all tax returns submitted to HM Revenue electronically
  • Preparation of accounts for taxpayers who are operating their own businesses
  • Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not taxed twice. This includes liaising with your Singapore tax accountant and financial planner as needs arise
  • Meetings to discuss issues arising, either in person or via a video discussion on Skype

GM Expat Tax has a policy of providing a no obligation fixed fee quote to all who are interested in engaging our services.

If you are an expat living in Singapore with UK source income and would like a no obligation fee proposal from a firm of tax advisors that understands the issues affecting you please don’t hesitate to contact us.

We’ll be delighted to have a free initial discussion with you.

Click here to read more about Local Income Tax.

Latest Tweets